1. Little things mean the most. Seriously. A simple “good morning” text will start her day off right and a random “I love you” will keep her smiling throughout the day.
2. You’ve got her, now keep her. Just because she’s yours now, doesn’t mean she’ll stay with you because of the things you used to do. Don’t let your love die down, keep it interesting!
3. Dates. You don’t need to spend money. You’d be surprised how cute making lunch together and having a picnic could be. Or maybe going for a bike ride. Of course just hanging out at your house can be fun, but going outside is a nice change!
4. She’s your girlfriend, not your homeboy. So when you’re with your boys, don’t treat her like one. Of course you can still be normal with them, because what kind of girlfriend would she be if she didn’t love you for who you were? Just make sure you make her presence known! Hold her hand, kiss her cheek! Your boys won’t think any less of you if you do.
5. When she’s mad. Talk it out. Don’t go chasing after her if she’s being unreasonable about something. But if she presents a legitimate reason, don’t make her feel bad about her feelings. Don’t yell. Put on your big boy pants and talk about it. The only thing that will do is help your relationship getbetter.
6. One & Only. Don’t let her tell you which girls you can talk to. (Maybe an ex is the only exception to that rule.) Otherwise, that’s unreasonable. Don’t ditch your girl friends for her. You had a life before her, don’t lose that. But if she is jealous, assure her that she has no reason to be jealous. She is yourone and only. If you wanted to be with someone else, you would be. But you chose her and stayed with her for a reason.
7. Keep it 100% honest. Don’t lie. Don’t cheat. It’ll just cause both of you heartache. You don’t want to see her upset and she will never be able to look at you the same. If you’re going to lie and cheat, you obviously can’t handle a relationship. So don’t be in one.
8. Love her. Love her for who she truly is. Let her be weird around you. Don’t judge her. Treat her like she’s your world. Let yourself be her world.